Dark Vendetta's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild's Future...

+2
Calazzar
Luminarium
6 posters

Go down

Guild's Future... Empty Guild''s Future...

Post  Luminarium Fri May 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Alright, this is it. I'm tired of people signing and not comming online, and tired of people never signing at all... So, i considered going hardcore, but don't want to leave DV behind, SO, i wanted to know: How do you guys like the idea of me perm-kicking all of the guild's slackers and start from scratch? This'll likely affect our raids in a negative way for 1-2 weeks or so, but i hope for a better result afterwards... Also, i'm looking for 1 more hard-working officer atm. Especially if these changes are making it live.
Please use the reply button for comments / votes.
Luminarium
Luminarium
Admin

http://darkvendetta.wowwars.net

Back to top Go down

Guild's Future... Empty Re: Guild's Future...

Post  Calazzar Sat May 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Dark Vendetta is a raiding guild and the reason that I applied for it was the raiding togheter with the social part. I've been around the game enough to know that from time to time people for various reasons are not able to join the raids and for that matter starts slacking. The people who were most active before starts droping of but you still don't want to give them the boot since they've been with you forever and have earned the right.

For the raiding part to work both 10 and 25 men you are going to need a core of players which you just know you can trust to do their job 110% every time. I think that DV got most part of that already. However you still need to fill the last spots with people eager to progress and who whises to face new challenges and proceed in the game content. I haven't really been in DV long enough to talk about all of the members but you might see that some of these are missing or the spots are occupied with people not that eager to progress.

If I don't get it all wrong, raiding and progress is what DV and everyone of its members should want but right now a lot of us aren't really putting everything to it when it comes to signing up etc. But there is still one thing that should be considered and that is that the summertime has just started and anyone who has been around the raiding part for the summer knows that it usually dies out a bit because of it.

I think that kicking the players that doesn't meet your standards for raiding is a good idea. But you should also talk to these players and ask them why they haven't been signing/showing up and wether or not it will change. There should be something that made you recruit every player in the first place and perhaps that reason is enough to give the player a second chance if you have the reason to believe he/she can change.

That's my five cents to this debate for now, I excuse myself if anything is inconsistent or something as I'm quite hungover today. Smile

Calazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  Luminarium Sat May 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Indeed. Also, i know who's raiders and who isn't raiding, regardless of the time of the year - those are the people i want to get rid of. Also, mostly the ones signing and then not showing up.. That kinda pisses me off. But indeed. Everyone needs a break now and then, that shouldn't prevent us to go raiding when we have 20 signups, though... (and only 7-8 people showing up..)
Luminarium
Luminarium
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calazzar Sat May 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Yeah, people signing without showing up has always been the bad seeds of the guild. People that shows you can never trust them. Very understandable that you want to get rid of them and I say you should, no reason to have members around who acts like a Jack-in-the-box.

Calazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  Droll. Sat May 16, 2009 7:16 pm

This sounds like a great idea lumi. As you know, I haven't been online much in May, but I got my reasons. I will be as active as I once were soon, and I will also be able to put some more effort to the guild. Let's start over and just keep sorting people all the way through.

Droll, DV officer and King of The Trees! lol!
Droll.
Droll.

Back to top Go down

Post  Luminarium Sun May 17, 2009 11:19 am

Yep. Look forward to WoW with ya again, Droll.
Luminarium
Luminarium
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Detheron Mon May 18, 2009 5:20 pm

I vote yes. Clean the guild. And /cheer, it was awesome when we cleared 25men naxx with the GUILD and when we got into deep ulduar. Twisted Evil
I don1t know what happened to ppl in the last weeks. A lot started to slack or i dunno O_o.
I1m having exam period atm in the school, as i said in the Notes section.
Clear the guild, advertise us in the trade channel so we can recruit (hopefully) more dedicated players, rule with storng hand Twisted Evil , Arrow force ppl to be hit capped and raid-ready. Smile

Detheron

Back to top Go down

Post  Luminarium Mon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah, indeed, Deth. I'll reinforce the guild. Won't tolerate slacking in the future --> 2 warns and kick, likely, depending on what a person has done wrong
Luminarium
Luminarium
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calazzar Fri May 22, 2009 2:55 pm

A lot of people just like Detheron and me alike have a lot to do now just before the summer starts. Some people that are still in school usually got quite a few exams to finish of to be done before the summer break. Myself graduate in just three weeks and have even more and there is the possibility that I am not alone. You also got the people working who most likely also have stuff to finish before going on vaccation.

But still, summer is coming and I just want to warn everyone for making to quick decisions regarding the members of the guild. I don't know about everyone else but for me the summer is the time of year I play the least simply because of the weather and activities it brings along. If you're younger as I've been and you're of school and pretty much free from everything for two or three months I know that it's quite common that you think the opposite, that we should raid more, people should be more active. I was actually one of the people who pushed for massrecruting/kicking during last summer when I wanted to see Illidan go down in July. The guild kicked about 15 members and recruited 15 new ones just to never be the same again and disbanding in a month or two.

So keep the summer in mind and that everyone doesn't want to spend all their time inside raiding while they can have a barbeque with their friends Wink

I'm abit worried about this post though, it's been up for quite a few days and this will be the 8th reply by a total of four members. Guess that shows how little some of the members actually check up on the forums.

Calazzar

Back to top Go down

Guild's Future... Empty feedback

Post  buzzo Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:41 pm

Just a small reply, to the posts above, ive been talking with lumi and contemn about it also...

and i think its a ggod idea to kick poor members and members who never shows up regardles that they are signed..

But as cala mentioned, we need to keep in mind that during spring and summer, people are less online alien me being one of them

buzzo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wellon Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm

hello mates!

just a brief note about the topic...
im very happy that the guild is goin to be more hardcore
but im sure i cant go raiding all week like 4-5 times a week...the older guild mebers know why cheers
im very thankful for lumi and the other officers that i can remain in the guild as casual... scratch
im not really in wow for the hardcore side but for the fun and social stuff.... Suspect
i have a good time with you mates.. and thats the point for me ... What a Face

Wellon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down